World AIDS Day is celebrated on December 01 every year all over the world. The purpose behind celebrating this day is to raise awareness about AIDS among people of all ages. World AIDS Day was first observed globally by the WHO in August 1987.
The theme of World AIDS Day 2021:
Every year a new theme is laid for World AIDS Day. This year’s theme is “End Inequality, End AIDS”. The World Health Organization (WHO) says this year’s main agenda is to highlight growing disparities in access to essential HIV services worldwide.
What is AIDS?
The full name of AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. It is a contagious sexually transmitted disease. The virus that causes it is called the Human Immune Deficiency Virus, or HIV for short. Says. In fact, the body’s natural ability to (Why World AIDS Day is celebrated) fight off bacteria is called the immune system. But AIDS viruses weaken a person’s immune system by inactivating these white blood cells, which weakens the body’s ability to fight the virus and the disease accumulates in the body.
How AIDS is spread:
One of the main causes of HIV is unprotected sex with an infected person, ingestion of HIV infected blood in the body during blood transfusion, use of an injection needle used on an HIV positive person or pregnancy of an HIV positive pregnant woman. Breastfeeding on time, during or after delivery can infect a newborn baby.
AIDS symptoms can appear even after 5 to 10 years. Experts believe that the person suffering from it may develop white patchy spots on the face, excessive sweating from the body, recurrent fatigue, sudden weight loss, high fever, high fever, frequent diarrhea, persistent cough, sore throat. Inflammation of the lymph glands of the thighs and armpits, lumps, itching and burning all over the body, pneumonia, tuberculosis, skin cancer, etc., then AIDS test should not be delayed.
Ways to avoid AIDS:
AIDS is a deadly disease. There is no cure for this disease yet. Prevention is the only way to stay away from this disease.
- Avoid unprotected sex, gay sex and having sex with prostitutes. Build a relationship with your partner.
- After intercourse, urinate and wash your genitals thoroughly with clean water.
- Wounds on the lips, if there is leakage of blood, avoid kissing. The virus of this disease can enter your bloodstream through saliva and make you suffer from this disease.
- Ask to use a new blade when shaving in the salon.
- Before taking the blood into the body, he is infected with HIV. Be sure to check to be free.
- Women infected with AIDS should not conceive, as the disease can be transmitted to their babies.
- Use only disposable syringes and needles when injecting.
Thanks for visiting our blog
Follow us for more information