When is Anant Chaturdashi 2022 (अनंत चतुर्दशी)
Anant Chaturdashi fast has great importance in Hinduism. This festival is also known as Anant Chaudas. This day commemorates Lord Vishnu, Lord of many incarnations. Falling on the 14th day of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapad month (When is Anant Chaturdashi 2022 (अनंत चतुर्दशी) in the Hindu calendar, this festival celebrates the spirit of unity and equal brotherhood.
On the day of Anant Chaturdashi, Lord Vishnu is bowed to and a thread is tied on his arm. This thread can be either silk or cotton and should have 14 knots. Ganesh Visarjan is also celebrated on the day of Anant Chudas. The whole country celebrates this festival with great zeal and enthusiasm.
This year the festival of Anant Chaturdashi will be celebrated on 9 September 2022, Friday. It is believed that whoever worships Shri Harivishnu properly, all his wishes are fulfilled. On this day, by worshiping with a sincere heart, God is pleased and removes all the sufferings of the devotees.
Importance of Anant Chaturdashi Puja:-
According to mythology, the festival of Anant Chaturdashi has its roots in the epic Mahabharata. This day is being celebrated as Lord Vishnu’s day. God created 14 worlds, Tal, Atal, Prana, Sutal, Talatal, Rastal, Patal, Bhi, Bhuv, Jana, Tapa, Satya, Mah. To follow and protect them, they came to this mortal world as 14 different incarnations, which gave them the name of Ananta.
He knew that he had saved his people and his creations, for which these avatars played a major role. Therefore, the day of Anant Chaturdashi is very important, because you can please the lord of creation yourself and be blessed with his best blessings. Fasting on this day is also very important.
All this is said to please him and grant you an eternal life full of joy and contentment. (When is Anant Chaturdashi 2022 (अनंत चतुर्दशी) It is also believed that anyone who recites Vishnu Sahasranama Stotra along with fasting on this day, all his wishes will be fulfilled and he will get what he wants from God.
This fast is done to get wealth, abundance and prosperity in a person’s life. The desire for sufficient wealth, happiness and children etc. tempts man to seek God’s blessings on his mortal existence. This fast is popular in Madhesh province of Nepal and many states of India. On this day, family members listen to folk stories of Lord Vishnu.
Anant Chaturdashi Puja Method and Fasting:-
The importance of fasting is explained in Agni Purana. This day commemorates the infinite forms of Lord Vishnu. Let’s know its worship method:-
- After bathing on this day, take a bow and place the kalash on the worship altar.
- In it, install an octagonal lotus made of kush on a vase. If possible, you can also use a picture of Lord Vishnu.
- After this dip in vermilion, saffron and turmeric and prepare a thread with 14 knots.
- Place this thread in front of Lord Vishnu’s idol.
- Now worship the idol of God with yarn and idol of God.
- Chant this mantra after the pooja – Ananta Sansara Mahasumadre Mrin Sambhvadra Vasudeva. Anantarupe Vinijayasva Hranantasutreya Namo Namaste..
- After this men should tie this thread on their left arm and women should wear it around their right arm.
- After this, feed the Brahmins and take prasad with your entire family.
Anant Chaturdashi Date:-
- Chaturdashi Date Commencement: 8th September 2022, Thursday, 4:30 PM
- Chaturdashi End Date: 9th September 2022, Friday, at 1:30 PM.
The auspicious time of Anant Chaturdashi Puja:-
- 9th September 2022, Friday, 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Please read this:-
Importance of Chourchan Festival 2022
Why is Kartik Purnima celebrated and what is its significance
Anant Chaturdashi Vrat Katha (अनंत चतुर्दशी व्रत कथा)
Please click this link for more educational information
Thanks for visiting our blog
Follow us for more information
One thought on “When is Anant Chaturdashi 2022 (अनंत चतुर्दशी)”
Pingback: Vishwakarma Puja 2022: When is Vishwakarma Puja? Auspicious time and Puja method - Education Fiber