Common cold is a common disease. It is rapidly transmitted from one another. It is caused by Rhino Virus (filterable virus). This is the viral disease of the upper respiratory tract. Common cold is characterized by the inflammation of mucus membrane of nose, throat, irritated nasopharynx, and chilling lasting for 2-7 days. Common cold is not a disease to treat; some precautions are enough for this. It is transmitted directly droplets through air while sneezing as well as through droplets by exchange of personal belongings with the infected person.
- Irritation od the nose and sore throat.
- The patient may feel difficulty while breathing because of the swollen sinuses.
- The voice of the patient is changed.
- Running nose and watery eyes.
- Temperature of the body increases. Little fever is also observed.
- Congestion and dryness of the nose and throat.
- Coughing and sneezing.
- Pain is felt at back, limbs and head.
- Weakness and loss of weight.
- Education in personal hygiene.
- Use personal handkerchief.
- Vitamin C consumption.
- Do not come in contact with the infected persons.
- Nasal discharge and phlegm must be properly disposed.
- Balance your time for work and rest.
- Be careful while working in the dusty environment.
- Protect yourself from cold.
- Wear clothes according to season.
- Adequate sleep.
Thanks for visiting our blog, Follow us for more information